Monday, March 2, 2009

Pump up the pace

I’ve read that laughing burns calories, this is another thing I can incorporate into my idle moments to help counteract the sedentary lifestyle.  I figure I can fit in about 6 hours of raucous laughter every day.  It also occurred to me that it takes more muscles in your face and more effort to frown than to smile, therefore, laughing normally is not the most effective calorie burner.  Three hours of frowny laughing is better than 100 thigh raises, or even 20 minutes on the bow-flex.  I’ve begun putting it into practice all the time, whether I'm in Trader Joe's, Barnes & Noble or just sitting at home reading the book I just purchased.  Start today, right now, if it sounds something like: “rubrubrubrubrubrub” then you’re doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment