Thursday, March 5, 2009

I think I have an addiction

Every morning I stand in the same spot in the same subway car.  There is a woman with a similar schedule who also gets in the same doors and stands nearby.  Her hair smells absolutely incredible.  It smells something like two honeysuckles copulating on a warm spring day while eating grandma’s homemade brownies.  My eyes roll back into my skull, toes curl, and I hold back a euphoric groan with each whiff.  I always try to stand behind her, lean in, flare my nostrils and let the scent slowly ease its way inside so as not to overwhelm me.  It's a sensation I savor and then crave.  I normally see her at least 3 or 4 times a week but the last time I smelled her hair was last Wednesday.  I haven't seen her since.  Now I get headaches every morning.  I’ve taken to sniffing spicy brown mustard, it gets rid of the headaches, but always ends up in a nose bleed 2 or 3 hours later.  I’m not sure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment