Friday, August 20, 2010

Scriptis noctum

My mind is on fire, I don’t know how to put it out. At night I dream of magma chambers, I’m trapped inside. I can only escape through the lava tubes. I ride them like waterslides. I am erupted from a volcano, on fire and in skeleton form. Nobody sees me. I fall into the jungle, starting a family is impossible. There are no mates here. I lie on my back, watching the sky blink day and night, the sun and moon stripe across the sky. Only the ants will take me in. I join their colony only to be dehumanized once again, carrying food and supplies back and forth. Defecation is my only reprieve, which I learn to cherish. My name is no longer Brandon Johnn. My name is Grandon Vohnn. Then I awake, beads of sweat like ants crawling down my face. I’m home, a new nightmare begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment